Making its debut at roughly the same time as the first computers arrived on the scene, video poker machines first really gained consciousness in 1979 with the introduction of Draw Poker. Throughout the 80’s the game grew in popularity and by the 90’s was thriving. An integral component of any casino floor, video game poker is a game based on five card draw and has built upon its initial success in the marketplace to become one of the most popular games of chance. Especially in Las Vegas, as the machines can be accessed even in supermarkets and often provide much higher payouts than their colleagues on the ballyhooed strip.
What’s the Attraction?
Well, there are a bunch of reasons. For anyone who relishes a game that requires some level of cleverness, an actual advantage over the house, the prospect of a fairly sizeable score, and the privacy of playing all by their lonesome, video poker would have to be the top dog.
In the casinos, a player’s main goal is to outwit the ‘the house’ to obtain a payout, in video poker the house’s role is nowhere near as dominant. If a player can discover some tables that pay a tidy sum and play their cards right, they may even hold a slight edge. And get this, with some tables you can even rake in more than 100 percent return if you toss in mailers, some hands free of charge, and cash rewards.
How Is It Done?
It’s pretty darn simple really. Here’s the deal:
- In games of joker wild, there of course is at least one joker in the deck usually more, but otherwise there is an old, run of the mill 52-card deck.
- Once that bet is entered, a player receives five cards.
- From his or her hand, the player determines which cards to retain and which cards to cast away
- Naturally the cards the player rejects are replaced
- Cash is distributed based on what the player procured from his cards and the rate of the ‘table’ the individual occupied
How To Hit the Jackpot
- Keep putting five coins. Don’t be stingy, as almost always a machine will hand over a bonus on that wager
- Do your homework. Read up and determine where the machines that dispense the most cash are in your area.
- There are games out there that possess what is called a ‘double up’ feature. Take advantage of it because other than craps, it is the occasion where the house does not the edge.
© 2023 Bonus-Onlinecasinos.com. All rights reserved.